From Nursery to Prison

The building where today is the anti-tuberculosis clinic, was built during the period of Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes (SCS) in 1828, by a French company. The building served as a school, a nursery, and in the 1950s, during state weapon collection action, for a while it was also a prison. This was the case with many other buildings during WWII. In the 1970s, the building was designated to a hospital for treating lung diseases. The state weapon collection action started in 1956 but in Kosovo was done through excessive violence and uncertainties for the Albanian population. This action started while there was already an ongoing massive deportation and expulsion of Albanians to Turkey.